The School of Communication encourages students to pursue internships during their time at Northwestern. Internships provide students with opportunities to apply theoretical knowledge to practical work experience, better preparing students for the working world. Students can earn up to four credits while interning by participating in a weekly internship seminar featuring career planning information, guest speakers, and networking events. The internship class is available in Los Angeles, New York, and on the Evanston campus.
Communication students are in demand in many fields. They may apply for the internship posted every year in our internship database or secure positions on their own.
Just a few of the places School of Communication students have interned in the last few years include:
- Casting/talent management: Creative Artists Agency, The Gersh Agency, International Creative Management
- Film: Focus Features, Lionsgate, Playtone Productions, Spyglass Entertainment
- Marketing/advertising: BBDO Worldwide, DDB Worldwide, DraftFCB, Leo Burnett
- Not-for-profit: American Cancer Society, Chicago Humanities Festival, Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Public Relations: Burson-Marsteller, Edelman Worldwide, Ketchum, Ogilvy Worldwide
- Television: ABC, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, Lifetime, Oxygen, Sundance Channel
- Theatre: Lookingglass Theatre, Second Stage Theatre, Steppenwolf Theatre